Event Fair

As a freshman in a college with so many different activities going on, I was somewhat nervous about finding a way to fit in. I wanted to get involved but I felt intimidated by the number of students and all of the various events. I barely knew anyone and I certainly didn’t know my way around the campus. I was happy to receive an email that listed all of the events for the upcoming week because I read about the Event Fair. It was sponsored by the Student Development team and the Office of Service Learning. It was convenient because it was located in the A-J wings which I could find very easily, and it was from 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. so I could take my time and look at everything between classes without feeling rushed. I felt like this was definitely something that would help me get acquainted with other students and learn more about what Stockton has to offer, so I decided to spend a few hours there.
The hallways were lined with over a hundred tables with free food and prizes. The people behind the tables were so outgoing and friendly. They were eager to get students to join their organization. Their enthusiasm definitely made me feel welcome and interested in what they had to say. One club that stood out to me was called Commuters on the Go. I feel like I can meet other commuters whom I would be able to relate to and find ways to get involved without actually living on campus. Another club that stood out to me was the Circle K club, which is a service based group that does humanitarian charity. I definitely want to get involved with as much as possible while still living half an hour away. The Event Fair helped me examine my options while meeting a lot of new people in the process.