Stockton A Cappella Spring Concert

I have always loved music and singing. I especially love a cappella music. I love how people can make the sounds of instruments with their mouths to make beautiful, spine chilling music. It’s incredible. My boyfriend is a part of Stockton’s A Cappella group, therefore I didn’t even have to bat an eye before I agreed to go see his concert on April  15th.

Stockton’s a cappella group is composed of three smaller groups: Stocktones, Stockata, and Stockapella. The Stocktones is a co-ed group of college students who like to sing for fun and enjoy the a cappella style of music. Stockata is similar to the Stocktones, however Stockata is an all girl group. The final group is Stockapella. Stockapella is a co-ed competition group that represents Stockton in competitions similar to those featured in the recent movie Pitch Perfect.

Stockapella , the competing group, is a three time quarterfinalist for the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA). The ICCA is the competition that was featured in Pitch Perfect. My boyfriend is a part of this group, and had a solo in this particular concert. I was so proud of his performance and the performance of all of this other friends in the group.

Some popular songs such as Viva La Vida by Coldplay and Hero by Bonnie Tyler were sang with beautiful execution and precision. I personally enjoyed Some Nights by Fun. and You’ll Be in My Heart by Phil Collins. My personal favorites are the songs I can sing or hum along with!

I will also be a proud supporter of Stockton’s A Cappella. I love the music they make and how beautifully they always sound. I will always have an aspiration to learn how to beat box, and maybe I can get one of the beat boxers to teach me a little something! Keep working hard, Stockton A Cappella, you sound beautiful with every song you sing!