Beagle Rescue

Over the weekend I went to the Pets Smart in Mays Landing and helped out with a Beagle Rescue. There were all sorts of personalities of dogs up for adoption. Each beagle was a sweetheart in their very own way. I truly enjoyed helping them out and playing and petting all of the dogs. Each dog had their own little story of how they got there, but those didn’t even matter because each dog was such a sweetie. I wanted to take each dog home with me and just cuddle with them all the time.

This was community service, and it was probably my favorite community service ever. I got to play with physically disabled dogs and see how they were some of the prettiest and sweetest dogs I’ve ever met, and that the fully functional dogs were crazy hyperactive. I realized that no matter what a dog will love you if you give them attention, and if you don’t give them your attention they’ll try to get a hold of it. I am a dog owner myself, but my dog is an Irish Setter so seeing Beagles were very different. I was covered in dog hair at the end of the day but it was really worth it.

There was a dog that had three legs and bowel problems, her name was Trinity. When my friends and I first got there she was crying a lot and having a lot of problems. As soon as she was put into her wheelchair she was so much happier and ran about happily, if she could skip, she would have. There was also another dog named Bonnie. I have no idea what was fully wrong with her legs but she would army crawl over to you and then lay her head down in your lap and gave this look begging to be petted. I gave into her each time, her puppy dog eyes were just killer, I personally loved her. Each and every dog up for adoption just wanted a little of your time and attention to feel loved for just a moment. I wish I could have been there all day because each and every Beagle was sweet as can be and are all more than worthy of a good forever home.