Dude, it’s a fair, of course they’ll have free stuff. “The Get Involved Fair”

As I walked out of my final class of the day into h-wing, I was greeted by a swarm of people stationed at tables throughout the halls, hailing to people as they passed. I found myself wondering, “So this is the Get Involved Fair. Why isn’t in the gym?” I’m not sure if I am just used to fairs or events involving a lot of tables being in gyms because of high school but I found the whole situation quite chaotic. I’m pretty sure even if I wasn’t used to the whole gym idea I’d still find the scene quite chaotic. However, amongst all the chaos there was a sense of order to be found. The tables were not just thrown willy-nilly around the hall; they were spread as two long rows pushed to either side of the hallway. There was an obvious section for the Greek Life clubs, and you could eventually see that the services Stockton offered was to one side of the hall, and actual clubs were to the other side of the hall near j-l wing. While the Greek Life and the Stockton services looked decorated and had some thought in them, I felt as if some of the clubs could have added a bit more pizzazz to try to get members. One club that really got to me in the way of “pizzazz” was the Buddhism club. They had a flashy poster, freebees and other enticing ways of getting people interested. The Ultimate Frisbee club incorporated music and a dance routine as another way to entice possible members. I should also realize though that a lot of people probably had an idea of what club or clubs they wanted to join. It’s just for the person who is looking around for clubs that interest him…such as myself. Their welcoming nature was quite comforting though.

There were a fair amount of interesting clubs that were open for joining this year at the fair and are still open to joining. “E.D.I.B.L” is probably the leader in the pack of most interesting clubs as it is basically about using bugs as alternative source of protein. Some other clubs that I joined were the Asian Student Alliance, the Music Union Club, the 91.7 FM Radio, Circle K, Ultimate Frisbee, the Photography club, and the Fencing Club. These are but a few of the possible clubs you can join if you are a person who somehow missed the entire fair, (which would be kind of hard to believe since it was on for two days).

One of the things I enjoyed about the fair was how convenient and how long it ran for. The fair was on my way to my dorm and to my classes, so I never felt as if I’d have to go out of my way to visit it. It also ran on reasonable hours, (10am-7pm and 10am-4pm). I just feel that the fair is an important part of making sure the Stockton students know what is available to you and I hope you all had the chance to take it. If there is a reason that you couldn’t make it though, don’t fret. The Stockton website has a pretty clear list of most of the clubs and also there are still a lot of fliers still hanging around.