Blog 12: A Concert in Dance

On March 1, 2012 I attended A Concert in Dance.  The show was in Stockton’s Performing Arts center and tickets were only 6 dollars for students.  The show had 10 dance numbers performed by groups, duets, and solo dancers.  My friend was in the last number which was titled Hot Jazz, which was a tap dance number.  The show was very enjoyable, which a wide variety of different music and dance styles.  Some dances were rather new age and extremely artsy, but it gave me a different way to look at dancing.  In on dance the dancers screamed along to the music and in another the danced to what sounded like pure static.  One dance called The (Fabulous) Filbert Family Photo portrayed a pillow fight and the dancers had pillows with them, that dance was funny!  My favorite dance was called Heed the Words which was a dance to a song based off an inspiration article called Wear Sunscreen.  The dance was beautiful and the song had such a wonderful message.  My friend’s dance was fun to watch too, taking the songs All That Jazz and Le Hot Jazz to make a large, exciting number full of singing and tapping.  Overall the show was a really good time and I would advise anyone to see it in the future.