Grace Kelly Performance

I attended the Grace Kelly Quintet performance on October 24th, 2011 in the Performing Arts Center here at Stockton College. She was accompanied by Jason Palmer on trumpet, Doug Johnson on piano, Evan Gregor on acoustic bass, and Jordan Perlson on drums. The special guest was Phil Woods on alto saxophone. Grace Kelly played alto saxophone, on the song Filosophical Flying Fish she played soprano saxophone, and she sang in a couple of songs. She even scatted on two songs, People Time and Black Bird. Black Bird was a duet of Jason Palmer on bass and Grace Kelly singing. She even had audience participation, engaging them to scat with her. My favorite song was Filosophical Flying Fish because of the New Orleans style. The song inspires one to get up and dance and have a good time. I really enjoyed the call and response between Grace and Jason. It was like they were auditorily fighting one another, trying to go higher and louder than the other. The entire performance was amazing and I enjoyed it very much, I hope to attend more of her concerts in the future.