Educational Technology Making Waves

Hello! Welcome to my first blog post. As someone who prepares to enter the Education field, I think it is really important to keep up with the ever changing tools available. After searching Twitter using the hashtag educationaltechnology, I found an article that really stuck out to me. The article titled: Education technology makes waves in Silicon Valley, Bay Area by Natasha Singh talks about three apps that have recently been trending in the Education field.

The first app Singh discusses is the Remind app. This is an app I have used for my own children as well as in the classroom. It allows teachers and students or teachers and parents to communicate in real time. It can send pictures, texts, reminders, etc. It not only helps the students, but it also helps keep teachers on track.

The next app Natasha talks about is Edmodo. This was one I have not heard about, so I did a little research. It is a tool that allows teachers to analyze what tools will improve their students learning. It also allows the students to engage through the app and essentially learn more interactively.

Khan Academy is the last app Natasha Singh talks about. This is an online classroom that has been proven successful. Khan Academy takes the traditional ways of learning and puts a spin in order to provide for those who may not learn in traditional settings. They are constantly developing and reimagining the tools used in education.

Check out this video to see how Remind works!

Thank you for checking out my first blog post! Let me know if you have used any of these apps or if there are any you think are awesome!