Telling My Story, Through Pictures

This week I was able to use a new web tool. I went to StoryboardThat to see what exactly could be done through digital storytelling. This website was really easy to use. There were tutorials to help me through the entire story making process. It was also very easy to edit the contents in the frames. What I really liked was I could customize each scene to exactly what I wanted.

What Is My Story?

As I have discussed in previous posts, I am in my late 20’s going back to college. The first scene in my storyboard explains that I received my MA in Pscyhology. When I received this degree in 2017, I thought that would be the last time I stepped foot on a college campus as a student. However, I seem to love raising a family, working full-time, having a part-time job, and apparently juggling college classes full-time!

Moving On

After working in the Psychology field, I found I wasn’t loving what I was doing. Instead, I knew I wanted to be a teacher. When I told my husband I was going back to school, he was a little shocked, but totally supportive. So, I packed my book bag and embarked on my fourth degree!

What Has It Been Like?

As I said, I am 29 and old compared to my peers! Sometimes, I realize they attended their prom within this calendar year and a single tear streams down my face! There has been a lot that has changed since I first started college 11 years ago. However, I enjoy learning and I really am happy I went back. My Web Tools class has been one of the biggest challenges and one of the most rewarding classes I have taken. I’m not even saying that because this blog is for that class! Entering a new field is nerve racking. My Web Tools class has helped me to discover so many new tools that I can not wait to use in my classroom.

StoryboardThat is one of the tools I am going to definitely use. Having a storyboard that is so easy to create is really important to me. I am so impressed by the tutorials and the step by step directions. If you want to skip my long boring story! You can click this link and check out my digital story board.

Let me know what you think or post a comment with a story board you have created!