Here are some thesis statements we will revise in class this week.
Select one of the following thesis statements and revise it so that it better fits the Analysis Paper Assignment:
1) The piano has several symbolic meanings in The Piano Lesson.
2) The Piano Lesson is about family history.
3) Berniece desires to keep the piano because she wants to preserve family history.
4) The Piano Lesson does not follow all three “classical unities” (time, place, and action); nevertheless, it is a great play.
5) Grace serves as a foil to Berniece’s character.
6) The Piano Lesson is a unique play because of its characterization and symbolism.