Run Rudolph Run

On November 19, I volunteered in the very first Run Run Rudolph Run run by a fellow honors student.  The 5K run was held in order to raise money to give families in need a better Christmas by buying gifts to give to the children of those families.  There weren’t that many participants in the run, but there were many volunteers.  It was very heartwarming to see everyone come together to help families in need during the holidays.  We were unable to raise enough money to give an entire family presents, but we were still able to use the money we did raise to buy presents for families in need.  

The volunteers in the event helped run the event by passing out water, directing the runners, signing participants in, making posters, and selling holiday items.  I helped by making a poster to motivate the runners and I waited on the trail to direct the runners on where to go.  

Overall, it was a very fun time and it wasn’t very time-consuming.  It was nice to know that I helped in improving a family’s holiday.  Being able to be a part of something so wonderful was an amazing experience and I am glad I was able to help make the event go as smooth as possible.  I also admired the event coordinator’s passion for the cause and the effort and time she put into organizing the event and making it the best it could be.  The event will hopefully be held annually around the holidays and I am looking forward to seeing the event grow and improve into something even more amazing.  

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by nolank7. Bookmark the permalink.

About nolank7

My friends and I send pictures of food we're eating in our groupchat and my mom has asked me once if I was a foodie while giving me a worried look. I've watched the entire series of The Office 3 times and continuously write in a public google doc because I'm that type of person