Ping Pong Club

Anthony Gingerelli
There are so many clubs and organizations at Stockton and ping pong club caught my interest. I figured it would be a fun recreational activity that would be enjoyable way to take a break after a long week of classes.
Ping Pong club is a fun club with players that fall in all different ranges of skill. Some players are competitive and others are there for recreational fun. It was interesting to see the two different paces of the game. I originally went to for some relaxed fun but ended up playing some of the more skilled players in the club. I lost my first games to these players but everyone there was encouraging. They began showing me and the other less experienced players the strokes and techniques on how to return the ball. It was an enjoyable experience to participate in this club and I really enjoyed a night of play ping pong.
After playing several games for the day at the club, you receive a rating which matches you for your next games the following week. If you have intentions of becoming skilled, you can progress to win matches and move up in rating scale or just continue playing at the recreational level. Having so many players of different skills allows options for everyone who had an interest in playing so everyone would be equally matched. This vast range in skilled and non skilled players allowed people to take part in the club as they pleased. They could become a focused player and attend all the meetings and challenge themselves to play more skilled players to advance themselves. On the other hand, another option includes students who join the meetings as an outlet to play and have a way to relax and escape the stress of college.
Going to the ping pong club was a decision I will not regret. It is fun and it is a great release for me. It is nice to have a change in pace from my routine schedule instead of going back to my room after class. The enjoyable light hearted mood helps create a pleasurable atmosphere. Although the games can become intense, I personally feel it is a great social club, whether you choose to be competitive or just take it slow. I would encourage everyone to come and try the ping pong club or at least attempt a new club in which they may have an interest. Sometimes these trials or adventures may become a new and challenging interest because they might find out they love it.