Homecoming Comedian

I almost didn’t go to see Nicole Byer and Kevin Barnett, but I am so happy that I did. It was so great to see how many people came out to support homecoming weekend. I got there exactly one hour before so that I could get a front row seat; so naturally I ended up in the back of the bleachers. Looking, no begging for and way to sit closer, my group of friends and I were approached by the coordinator of the event. He offered us a deal; if we helped move the chairs up towards the stage, we could get a front row seat. Suddenly a group of lazy college freshman transformed into a highly motivated workforce. Our valiant efforts were rewarded with a front row seat.

I don’t think I’ve ever encountered such offensive material in my life; I loved every minute of it. From distasteful genitalia jokes, to racial stereotypes, to mocking drugs and weight issues; I was shocked that some people didn’t get up and walk out. While Byer and Barnett might not have been the best choice for homecoming and “family” weekend, they certainly appealed to a gymnasium full of college students. Being in the front row, it was inevitable that we would be picked on by at least one of the comedians. So naturally Nicole Byer singled me out for a few rather inappropriate jokes that would be unfit for a tasteful honors blog post.

Regardless of how crude or offensive the comedy was (I know some found it extremely offensive) it was all in good fun and it proved a hilarious night for most.