Get Involved Fair

On September 17th, 2014, Stockton held its once-a-semester event, the Get Involved Fair, that helps clubs and organizations become known, especially to new students such as myself, become more involved in their time at Stockton. Each club at the event tries to appeal to students with different approaches, whether it be candy or a spin the wheel and win a prize set-up. Many clubs appealed to myself, and being a commuter I had doubts whether or not it was something I could do. I spoke to the club that organizes students to help with the people who are now poverty stricken as many lost their jobs with the mass casino closings. The man I spoke to was informative, and he even brought along a resident of the district and it was extremely heartfelt to me as I live right outside of the city. In addition to the more community service clubs, such as Circle K, there are clubs that appeal for entertainment and sport, such as the Fencing Club, or the Gaming Club. Overall the experience was rewarding in the fact that, as a Stockton commuter, it increased my knowledge and notice in clubs that I would rather likely not hear about due to my non residency at the college, where many meetings and events are held at times I am not there. I also enjoyed the fact every club table I went to was engaging to the any student, whether they live on campus or off, and I enjoyed meeting other students that had similar hobbies as I do.