Second Stockton Event

For my second Stockton event I chose to attend the Get Involved Fair on campus.  The Get Involved Fair was hosted on September 17th and 18th in the Main Campus Building in Wings A through J.  The Fair attracts nearly one hundred student clubs and community service agencies.  I decided to attend this event because I wanted to join a few clubs to occupy my time productively and to meet new students at Stockton who share similar interests.

I attended the Get Involved Fair on the 17th with two of my friends from high school, Sarah and Erica, who also go to Stockton.  The Fair was busy and the A through J Wings were filled with students looking for clubs to join.  I was at the fair for approximately an hour and met club officers and other student members of clubs I wanted to join.  I decided to sign up for two clubs, the Stockton Circle-K and the Animal Friendly Organization.  Circle-K is a service club that participates in volunteer work throughout the community.  I participated in Key Club, a similar service club, during high school and figured that I would enjoy Circle-K activities.  I signed up for the Stockton Animal Friendly Organization because I enjoy helping out with my local animal shelter in Cape May and because I recognize the value of animal rights.  I was a vegan during my sophomore and junior year of high school and am currently in the process of switching back to an animal-free diet. I care about the furry critters of this planet and I wanted to socialize and volunteer with other students who share my same ideas.

The Get Involved Fair hosted many clubs in addition to the two I selected.  The wide array of club options was almost overwhelming but it also a positive sign that students can be involved on campus according to their specific interest.  The club tables were organized neatly on either side of the hallways and the current club members were helpful in answering my questions.  I will definitely be attending the Get Involved Fair again to sign up for a few more intriguing organizations.