0

Animoto: Disney World

Posted by nammourx on April 17, 2017 in Uncategorized |

For this week’s blog I decided to explore a storytelling app. I love taking pictures and videos while on vacation so I decided that a video making app would best suit me. I discovered the app Animoto and decided to test it out. According to Cool Tools for Schools, “Animoto is an easy to use tool to create photo & music video stories.” I decided this would be a perfect tool to tell the story of one of the most memorable Spring Break’s, my Disney World trip, since I had so many pictures and videos to share. I looked through all my Facebook and Snapchat clips and found my favorites from the trip. I then put them in order and decided what parts of the story were missing. I then filled in the blanks with more footage. Finally, I added text in-between each of the clips to explain what part of the story we were at.

I really enjoyed this app because it makes life easy and creates videos for you. All you have to do is give it what you want in an orderly fashion. By doing so it puts everything in that order. You don’t have to do any editing. Plus, you can change the music and layout. Although this is a great app I would also like to include some of the cons. This would include some of the pictures that I wanted to post got cut off, I was limited to only 20 video clips and pictures, and the video clips could only be 5 seconds long. This app would be perfect for a younger classroom setting. But as students get older we should allow them to use actual video making tools that allow them to generate their videos from scratch.

Tags: , , , ,