0

Some Google Tips

Posted by nammourx on April 1, 2017 in Uncategorized |

This week in my Web Tools class we learned about different types of shortcuts on Google. I found this video very interesting and useful so I thought I would share some of the tips as this week’s blog post!

Tip 1: You can search for an exact phrase or quote by putting the search terms in quotation marks.

Tip 2: You can omit a word from search results by including a dash (-) before the word.

Tip 3: If you are trying to search for something but you forget certain words in the middle you can use the symbol * as a placeholder for the words.

Tip 4: You can find an image that you have saved on google by going to images.google.com and actually copying and pasting the image URL to search that image as well as similar images.
Tip 5: You can search a site by typing your search term followed by site:url.

Tip 6: To search for a website similar to another you may like you can search related:url.

Tip 7: To search for a cashed version of a website you can search cashed:url helping you find material on a website that was updated or deleted.

Tip 8: To search for a specific file type search filetype: followed by whatever file type it is.

Tip 9: To search for a webpage title you can search intitle:searchterm.

I thought I would share these tips because I didn’t know any of them before this video. I thought some of these tips would have been very useful in my past years of learning. But never too late to start using them!

Check out the original video below: