0

What I Learned Through my Twitter Experiences

Posted by nammourx on February 27, 2017 in Uncategorized |

Before this class,  I had no idea Twitter could be used in a professional teaching aspect. I always thought of Twitter as a website strictly used for personal thoughts and interactions. I never thought of it in a professional way. After making my professional Twitter account, it was cool to be able to participate in different Twitter chats and interact with teachers and other professionals on different topics of discussion. My first chat wasn’t very interactive because I didn’t follow many people, and so I picked a random chat (#edchat). After following multiple educators and classmates, I was able to see Twitter chats that people I was following were interacting in. This week I participated in #blogchat. This chat was a lot more interactive. I posted a question and within seconds I got multiple responses. It was a much more exciting experience than my first. I also got great advice on how to find my voice when it comes to blogging!

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 1.41.29 AM

Now you ask: how can this be applied in the classroom? Well before interacting on Twitter through Twitter chats, and watching videos of teachers who actually use Twitter in their classroom, I didn’t know Twitter and teaching could be a thing; but I was very wrong. As I stated in my previous blogpost, Twitter can make your classroom more exciting and allow your shyer students to become more engaged in discussion. So I was thinking, well this is great for a writing class, but what about us math teachers? How can we use Twitter to benefit our classroom? I came to realize through my Twitter chat that we could have Twitter discussions posting math problems and having our students post their thoughts and opinions on how to solve. After learning the different uses Twitter can have, I am excited to try them out when I do start teaching.Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 1.39.07 AM