Home » Uncategorized » Changemakers!

Changemakers!

I explored the WE virtual learning center. I was surprised with how much information there was and how easily accessible all of the resources were.

First, I chose to go into the Education and Innovation section. I then visited the STEM subsection. There, I watched the virtual service learning through STEM. This was a recording of a lesson that was previously held online. 2 educators/ experts hosted the lesson. They encouraged viewers to participate and engage in the lesson. They explained what STEM learning is, the importance of it, and campaigns in action. They also mentioned how WE is encouraging this innovation by providing a grant that a student could be fortunate enough to receive. Past receivers of the grant also showcased what they did with the grant once they received it.

There are several different sections that all include multiple subsections. All of which that have video lessons and resources. The WE page can be super beneficial and really give a kickstart to students becoming engaged in pursuing grants and opportunities to make a change.

Here are the details of the video that I watched, though this grant was for 2021. They offer similar ones in different topics which will help to inspire students to want to make a difference.