Home » Uncategorized » Anne Frank: The Secret Annex

Anne Frank: The Secret Annex

The secret Annex of Anne Frank during the holocaust when Anne and her family stayed in hiding for over two years to stay away from the Natiz. This virtual museum allows visitors to explore the entire annex with a 360 view from top to bottom. Along the way, it gave specific fun facts about Anne and the rest of the members who were hiding in there. For example, Anne’s first kiss, Peter’s bike, where they kept money and how they were running low on money, etc. It gave me the impression that I was living in that time period and going through what it was like to be hiding away in such a small, remote place. The images displayed were realistic and conveyed the true aesthetic of living in that kind of setting, demonstrating the value and usefulness of this tool in helping people comprehend and picture the idea of hiding and being in a crowded place for an extended length of time with limited resources. https://www.annefrank.org/en/anne-frank/secret-annex/

3 Comments

1. Hi, I’m Sofia. I found your blog post very interesting. I learned about Anne Frank and the Secret Annex a while back in middle school. I read the book about her, but I see through your blog that the virtual tour includes some details I didn’t see in the book. It’s very interesting to see how these tours can make you feel like you’re there at the same time as them. Great post!

2. Hi I’m Michael, I thought this blog was very informative. It really showed what the Jewish people had to go through in order to try and survive in Nazi Germany. It was interesting that it had facts that would be unknown to anyone who didn’t research the topic and facts that would be unknown had someone not gone through the virtual museum.

3. This tour is amazing I’ve alway been a fan of holocaust studies and Anne Frank is just one of those story that catches everyone’s eyes a tour of were she hid is incredible.