Home » Uncategorized » Microsoft Translator to Help Communicate

Microsoft Translator to Help Communicate

When reading the chapter 2 “Communicators” in the “Sail the 7C’s” textbook, I was struck by how people were using Microsoft Translator to communicate with others that did not speak their language. I have always seen Translator as a way to help me with my Spanish homework. I have never thought about using it directly to communicate with others. I guess that is why they have the voice option, so you could use to speak with others.

Translator not only has to be used to directly communicate with someone face-to-face, but also through messaging within the app. They have a feature that allows direct time messaging with someone across the world that may not speak your language. This is a really cool feature because you can learn so much about other people and other cultures by meeting new people. Usually you can only speak to and learn from people that speak your language, but with this you can speak to and learn from infinitely more people.

Translator has many other features than playing aloud how to say things and messaging others.

There is a specific feature for teaching using Translate. With translate, teachers can do live presentations which can be captioned to help break the language barrier and best communicate with all students despite their difference. Whether English isn’t their first language or they are a part of the hearing-disabled community, this feature can help tremendously.

There are also many other ways teachers can specifically use Translator. They have a feature that helps teachers to host a parent-teacher conference if the parents don’t speak the same language as the teacher.

I totally recommend googling Microsoft Translator to learn more, because this feature is really awesome and helpful. I will definitely be using this in the future within my personal life and as well as my teaching career.

2 Comments

1. Hi there, I’m Sofia. This is the first time I learned about the use of Microsoft Translator, and I am impressed by the way it is used by many individuals. It’s interesting to see how people use it differently, like you said, you used it for Spanish homework but there are people using it to communicate. It seems like a dependable resource for many people and I am interested in looking into it more. Great post!

2. Hi I’m Michael, This blog really helped me to understand more about the uses of Translator. I did not realize that it could be so in depth as to help with understanding people around to the world on a topic. This is amazing that there is an application that allows collaboration with others from different places. It really helps with expanding ideas and getting the perspectives of others that would not have been possible without the use of Translator.