Home » Uncategorized » National Geographic K-12

National Geographic K-12

Global Educator Toolbox

A picture of what is usually featured in this tool- the nature worldwide and how to protect them. This is useful when teachers try to teach students about the different environments.

WHY?

I chose this because, in my education, I always referred to this tool. I always believed it was beautiful how National Geographic’s photographers and those working for them do so much to educate the world. I thought it would be a brilliant idea to continue with my college degree and hopefully my teaching progress.

FINDINGS

I found that National Geographic helps to promote science, discovery, and geography in a classroom. It would be beneficial as a teacher if I could incorporate hands-on activities after or before watching an episode or reading a magazine. There are many things for kids that N.G promotes, such as all kid’s magazines, specific puzzles and computer games for children to play, and stories.

HOW TO USE

Before a lesson about history, animals, science, or discovery, I would find an episode or a part of a story, a game, or a magazine from National Geographic that fits into my lesson. Hence, it offers children multiple different sources. This could give students numerous references to refer to. All of the many other things that this tool covers would be perfect in any classroom!

THANK YOU!

Gianna Taylor