Home » Uncategorized » Learning For Justice: An Online Learning Tool with An Important Meaning

Learning For Justice: An Online Learning Tool with An Important Meaning

This week we will be looking at a website called Learning for Justice and see what the website offers and understand the primary point(s) it is looking to achieve. Is it a valuable and reputable website? Let us dive right in!

A Long-Lasting Project Backed by Reputable Sponsors

Created in 1991 Learning for Justice seeks to highlight social injustices through articles and lessons provided by journalists free of charge. This is free through the vast amounts of sponsorships and backing they have such as NBC as well as Storycorps. With great sponsors the community of employees they currently have express great interest in interactions with users of their site and provide ways to reach them and even volunteer to arrive in person to schools!

Variety That Creates Harmony in Learning

In terms of students attempting to learn what this website offers; eight total focal points of injustices are touched upon each topic containing various pages of articles to highlight injustices that are being faced in today’s society. I found myself going back and forth between articles but felt like they all helped guide me to a specific view that felt almost unique to any other learning website I have visited. While all topics are broad in their respective ways, they can all tie in together beautiful still providing ease of reading to many viewers of the site to all ages.

Aid to Help Teachers Develop Lesson Plans

Teachers can easily benefit from this website as well to disperse information to their students. Workshops that are offered weekly help teachers figure out how to discuss these topics to their respective grades. Along with workshops, premade lesson plans are available to those that seek them for all eight topics they cover. Looking to make your own with a little help? Look no further because their generative A.I will help guide you through the process! I personally would 100% use this in future lesson plans for students!

A Vastly Impressive Website That Needs More Attention

Before closing my blog post I would like to quickly highlight just a hint more of positives that Learning for Justice provides.

• Podcasts for auditory learners
  • A collection of current and past magazines to grab quick articles to read if you are in a rush
  • Provides educator funds to help futher spread awareness

As you can see for yourself, this website provides so many tools and awareness that I personally hold dear to my heart. Growing up in a city that is faced with serious social injustice, it brings me great relief that websites are dedicated to raise these issues to other’s attention and not seek any profit. If you have a moment, please check this website Learning for Justice | Education Resources to experience these tools yourself.

Until next time everyone have a blessed day and follow me on X!