Home » Uncategorized » Global Collaboration for Young Learners

Global Collaboration for Young Learners

Young students observing a globe.

Importance of Collaboration

Collaboration is a huge factor in young student’s social and academic growth. Learning from a young age how to collaborate gives students a chance to learn from others, and share their own ideas with others. Students gain a lot of confidence in their social skills from working with groups in school. I chose this tool to research because I believe it is a huge part in student growth!

Global Collaboration

Empatico offers a program for students to collaborate with other students from all around the world. Young students who are introduced to this program can learn so much about other countries and how they learn and what they’re going through. It can teach students about empathy through these digital exchanges. More than 23,000 educators in 131 countries have used this platform for over 2,000,000 students all over the world. It is a great program to get introduced to different schooling and different cultures.

It is a very easy way to communicate with students and educators from different countries which I find so interesting. It is not common to be able to do these things in school so it’s very exciting to learn more about this program. I would love to utilize this program in my own class, and teach students the importance of being able to empathize and to learn about other countries and cultures. I would allow my students to do it once or twice a week so they can keep in touch with their penpal, and hopefully build a friendship with them. I would listen to my students opinions on the program, whether or not they liked it. If it is something they really enjoy, I would pass the word on to more teachers so they can give their students a fun learning experience as well.

Empathy

This program was made to teach students how to show that they care for others, and learn about self-awareness. Being able to put themselves in someone else’s shoes, or understand someone else’s feelings can be a huge factor in socially and emotionally growing up. Behavior also plays a huge role in this program because what students do for others makes a huge impact. This program can help those students learn these skills.

Screenshot from the website.

What Does Empatico Offer?

Empatico offers many different tools. Here is a list of what they offer:

• Empathy centered activities
  • Being able to explore the world and make connections
  • Messaging and scheduling
  • Live exchanges

All of these tools can help students not only gain emotional and social skills, but they also will learn about many different countries and cultures, as well as learning how to message others and schedule live meetings.

Thanks for reading!

1 Comment

1. I hаve been browsing online more than three
    hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enoᥙgh for me. Ιn my opinion, if all
    website – webpage
    owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet
    will be a lot more – homepage useful than ever before.|
    I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!|
    I’ⅼl immediately grab your rss as I can not in finding
    үour emаil subscription link or newsletter service.

Do ʏou have any? Kindly let me recognise so that I may subscriƄe.
    Thanks.|