Home » Uncategorized » Van Gogh Museum

Start here

Van Gogh Museum

Would you believe me if I told you I was at the famous Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, Netherlands, just two minuets before walking into my class at Stockton University? Probably not, however, I am going to tell you how you can make that possible.

Vincent Van Gogh was a Dutch painter who is among the most famous and influential figures in the History of Western Art. The Van Gogh Museum provides free, virtual tours for people from all over the world to explore his notorious artwork. Not only can you view the Van Gogh’s beautiful creations in this tour, but you can navigate all four floors of the virtual building with a 360 view. Under each piece there is a full description about the artwork.

Before this invention, visiting the Van Gough Museum has typically been a once in a lifetime bucket-list experience. Now, with this virtual tour we can visit whenever and wherever we please. For me, exploring the museum virtually is a great way for me to wind down after a long day. I enjoy observing the art and reading each description to ease my mind.

As you can see above, you have the option to choose which floor you would like to explore by clicking on one of them.

Tourists can navigate the building using their mouse or keyboard buttons to explore the artwork.

Here is an example of a description you would find under an art piece. Each one is very detailed and provides a lot of information.

I encourage all art, travel and history lovers to go check out the Van Gough Museum. It feels like you are really there.. for free!

https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/van-gogh-museum?hl=en

3 Comments

1. Hi my name is Natalie! It is truly amazing how technology has made it possible to virtually visit such amazing museums like the Van Gogh Museum. I really enjoyed the fact that you shed light on this wonderful opportunity. Being able to explore his artwork and learn about each piece from the comfort of your own home is remarkable.

2. Hi, my name is Gracie Curci! This is a great way to view old art pieces that have literally made history. I remember learning about Van Gogh in high school and he was an amazing artist. It is great that we can take virtual tours to view his amazing art pieces. It is a great bucket list experience.

3. First of all, I love the way you started this blog post! Very captivating. I find it so interesting that technology allows us to see things like virtual tours of beautiful places, just like the Van Gough Museum, without having to actually go in person. It can be helpful when planning. a trip somewhere, so you know what you’re getting yourself into.