Home » Uncategorized » CORAL REEFS: A VIRTUAL JOURNEY TO AN UNDERWATER ECOSYSTEM

Start here

CORAL REEFS: A VIRTUAL JOURNEY TO AN UNDERWATER ECOSYSTEM

The sky is the limit, or rather, the depths of the ocean is, as you contemplate the possibilities of a virtual field trip for your classroom. Virtual excursions have revolutionized the educational journey, propelling learning experiences to unprecedented heights.

Imagine whisking your students away on a digital voyage to the very heart of the topics they’re studying. Where learning the intricacies of ecosystems, complexities of food chains, and the urgent realities of climate change can all be taught through a trip to the coral reefs.  This virtual field trip offers an immersive and engaging platform to explore these important lessons.

The virtual field trip starts with going over everything the students will learn.

https://schools.360cities.net/guided-tour/fqtKt-IRpU5h-VReYGjDYQ/coral-reefs-an-underwater-ecosystem

Then goes into depth of the first learning objective.

After those three slides we begin the exploration!

Pop up videos helps further the exploration and understanding of the key concepts.  

Three more learning objectives are explained in this virtual field trip following with more organisms and areas to explore.

The virtual field trips offered by https://sites.google.com/a/stockton.edu/gsdlc/virtual-field-trips allows access to environments that might otherwise be inaccessible to students. It’s not just about learning facts from a textbook; it’s about experiencing and interacting with the subject matter firsthand, allowing a deeper understanding and appreciation for the world around us.

So, when it comes to enriching the classroom lessons, a virtual field trip might be the way to go! The boundless opportunities of virtual field trips will spark the students’ curiosity and their knowledge will expand like never before.

2 Comments

1. Hey Summer I really liked your blog post on the virtual tour you went on that explored the coral reefs, I liked how you introduced the topic and started showing how you began exploring the virtual tour. I also thought that this was a great virtual tour because as you said this is a place that most students can’t reach and is a great way for them to learn more about these coral reefs. I agree that this is a great way to enrich the lessons about learning about life and about what goes on at these reefs underwater. If you want to check out any of my blog posts that I have done, especially the one about my virtual tour of the Supreme Court if that interests you I have linked my blog below.
    https://blogs.stockton.edu/webtoolsspring24/author/buntj/

2. Hi, my name is Abby! I really enjoyed your blog post on the Coral Reefs, and completely agree with you that learning should not just be about reading facts in a textbook, but gaining experiences from the beautiful sights our world has to offer. The step by step navigation you gave is amazing in helping teachers understand just how easy it can be to help students learn in new, different ways! The Coral Reefs have such beautiful ocean life, that deserves to be enjoyed, but those who inhabit the Reefs to not deserve to have their environment be disturbed, which makes the virtual tour a perfect solution! Thank you for bringing light to what an amazing tool this is!