Home » Uncategorized » Virtual Field Trip on The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

Start here

Virtual Field Trip on The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

I chose the virtual tour of The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. I. chose this tour because I am very interested in animals and learning more about science. While I was “walking” through it, it felt as if I were really there! They did such an amazing job at adding information about what I was walking through. The way that I was able to have a full 360 degree view of the museum, I thought, was pretty cool as well! I think that this is a cool and neat resource that you can incorporate in your classroom, and it can be a great source for providing information about fossils, other parts of the world, and animals. It also does a great job at capturing the real thing! It was a very fun experience and would love to walk through it again!

6 Comments

1. Hello, This picture is such a cool photo. It shows all the different angles you can move in and it is made so you can interact and see everything in 3-D. Thanks for sharing!

2. Wow! This is super neat. As an animal/science lover myself I will definitely check this out. It is amazing what technology can do today. A 360 view is awesome! The picture you posted is very intriguing! Thank you for sharing and posting the link so others can explore The Smithsonian!

3. This looks very interesting and cool to experience. Just from you explaining it made me experience it for myself. I agree with you, I think this could be very useful to use in the classroom.

4. The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History is another amazing location for a student virtual tour! The museum provides a unique experience that involves hundreds of displays that educate onlookers about natural history. The best part about this virtual experience is that nearly every aspect in the museum is visual; Thus, regardless of whether you are physically in the museum or exploring virtually, you can see the same things and have access to the same educational resources.

5. Hi! Your blog on the Smithsonian is informative and interesting! I just visited the Natural History Museum in 2023 with my family and it was a fun (and long) day! The museum is beautiful as the virtual tour suggests but seeing the exhibits in person can be tricky because it can get super crowded and busy. The museum offers so many different items to view from jewels to fossils to animals, leaving the visitors to feel overwhelmed. This virtual tour experience enables visitors to receive that closer look they desire and further information to be processed without being rushed like some may experience in person. Thank you for your suggestion!

6. Hello, I hope you are having a great day! The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History was one of my favorite museums when I was little. I have not gone in some time, so it is interesting to see how it has changed since I was last there. I did not know that the museum had a virtual tour, so I will have to check it out when I have the time. I was always a fan of the animals the most out of the whole museum as well, but I am curious, did you have a favorite exhibit while you did the virtual tour? If you ever wanted to see what other bloggers are doing, here is a link to one of my own blog posts : https://blogs.stockton.edu/webtoolsspring24/2024/02/19/expanding-a-childs-horizons-with-bilingual-kidspot/
    -Maggie