Home » Uncategorized » Global Kids :)

Start here

Global Kids :)

This tool is a card deck, containaing 50+ cards for students. This deck is full of different hands on activities and there are 5 different categories that teach children about crafts, food, games, festivals, and helping others.

Why I chose the tool:

I chose this tool because the age group immediately caught my eye because these are the kids that I hope to teach one day and I wanted some insight to see what I could use in my future classroom. This tool raises global awarness in the classroom and keeps students properly educated on the topic while being interactive with their assignments. I liked this tool because the main focus was to have these different activities made in order to encourage students to help others around the world.

What is useful about this tool?:

This tool is useful in the classroom because it keeps kids consistently engaged because they are having fun while learning and it is super easy to use. Each card gives background information to the student about the specific activity and the cards come with information on each step of the activity in order to complete it successfully. This tool is a great source in the classroom because it helps students learn independently or in groups but they don’t need that constant extra help because the cards give them everything they need.

How I would use it in the classroom:

If I had this tool in my classroom I would make sure my students will be able to:

• Create fun crafts and activities that they are able to enjoy doing and feel connected with and reflect on how their crafts can benefit others
  • I would have the kids play different games in classroom, such as activites done in other countries or dance moves or music from other countries
  • I would have the kids have food parties where we can bring food in and eat food served in other coutnries or food similar to it
  • I would have parties that celebrate certain traditions from other countries

Sources:

https://www.barefootbooks.com/global-kids-deck