WE Virtual Learning Center

While I explored the WE Virtual Learning Center website, I found some great tools that I can use in my future classroom. One tool that I discovered is the Thrively platform for both students and teachers. This platform is more than what is going on in the classroom, it takes the students’s challenges to a whole new level. More than 150,000 teachers have taken advantage of the benefits that come with Thrively.

LINK TO WATCH VIDEO- https://www.thrively.com/wbi

Thrively takes into account the students emotional well-being. Thrively knows that in order to become a proactive learner, then you have to be focused on your work. Emotions that occur outside of the classroom will effect a students ability to learn. In order to help students with this, this platform is used to help students express their emotions. It also shows the teacher how that students might be feeling that day. The teacher can then address the situation and help the student.

I think that this is something I see myself using in the future as a check in with the students. It will help me as the teacher to see how my students are feeling that day. That information then helps me as the teacher know how to go about the day. Using this tool allows for the students to be heard, it lets them know that the teacher cares. Thrively acts as a safe place for students to express how they feel without having to talk in-person. I think that students being able to come to the class and express their emotions makes it a safe place for them. This is very important in order to have a proactive learning environment for the students.

Teacher feedback about their experience using Thrively