Making My Own HyperDocs

The HyperDoc I created!!!

A HyperDoc is a Google document/slide deck that is interactive. HyperDocs are the equivalent to hands-on assignments/lessons in the classroom but instead it is online. 

When I first learned about HyperDocs, I thought the idea of it was really cool. It seemed very simple and easy but yet difficult at the same time. HyperDocs are meant to be interactive with many formats included. Some of these formats include videos, pictures, gifs, links, docs, articles, etc. That part seemed simple but the hardest part is making sure that it is a lesson that is teachable and learnable.

Instead of finding a HyperDoc example I decided to create one of my own. The HyperDoc I made is very short. It is informative. It is about Figure Skating and Yuzuru Hanyu. In the HyperDoc I explained who Yuzuru Hanyu is and included links to what the sport is and what jumps are in it. Another piece of information I included is one about the Quad Axel jump with links to what it is and how it relates to the skater. I made a content slide which includes three videos; 4 Quads by Yuzuru Hanyu, Hanyu’s attempt at 4A(Quad Axel), and  Legendary moments of Hanyu. For the conclusion I included a link to a jamboard. In which I ask questions for students to do and review.

Overall I really enjoyed making a HyperDoc. It was short since it was a demo but it was fun. My experiment with the project just proved that a HyperDoc can be made on anything whether educational or not. As long as it is interactable and learnable then it is a HyperDoc!