The 9/11 Tribute Center

In the field trip the students meet with 9/11 survivor Stephen Kern, who worked on the 62nd floor of the North Tower and recalls the evacuation and buildings collapse by an in person visual experience. This field trip explores the themes of emotion and expression, the value of sharing and hearing a survivor’s personal stories, and the importance of understanding the global context behind the 9/11 attacks. This field trip also takes you into understanding of how devastating this day was and for those in the building who lost their life from a terror attack on our Country. The field trip helps give kids without an understanding understand the tragic event on 9/11/2001 so that they can be a part of spreading the awareness for those who don’t understand the devastation of this day.

5 responses to “The 9/11 Tribute Center”

1. Hi! This is so cool! This would be great to share while teaching students about 9/11, especially if they are far from New York. Did you try the audio tour?

2. Hi Kyle,
    My name is Lia. Reading your blog post about your virtual field trip was a pleasure. I enjoyed your visuals about the 9/11 Tribute Center, which allowed me to visualize this trip myself. You mentioned that they allow visitors to hear from real-life survivors. This is super beneficial for students in my opinion. Students are able to connect with these individuals by hearing their stories about this tragic day. I was six years old when the towers came down and it was a heartbreaking day for America. It was also an important part of our history. Thank you for sharing your virtual field trip with us. I was wondering if you would use this virtual tool in your classroom to help students understand what happened that day.

3. Hi Kyle! In school when I was younger, I loved to learn about 9/11 and read stories from survivors. I wish that I had known about the option to take a virtual field trip through a 9/11 tribute museum. I think this will be great to use in the classroom to talk to your students about the events that happened that day. Camille

4. Hi, it was a pleasure reading your Blog Post. It was nice to see that they were able to include a survivor’s testimony even though it was virtual. I feel like an event as impactful as 9/11 needs to be tough and understood more, so it is nice to see that there are programs like this that allow anyone interested to learn more about the topic. Overall your blog is very nicely done!

5. Hi! I really enjoyed this blog post, and I think it is a great way to help others gain understanding on the events that happened at 9/11. Being that viewers are learning from someone who truly lived through this, gives the audience a real and sincere experience. 9/11 is a major and traumatic event that needs to be touched upon more, so virtual trips like this are extremely helped and needed!