Take A Trip To Neave Planetarium!

Did you ever want to learn about outer space, stars, constellations and many more? If so then Neave Planetarium is one of the best things you can visit!

I have always liked the stars since I was younger. I loved to look up at night and see how many stars would be out at night. When deciding to take a virtual trip, the thing that caught my eye the most was Neave Planetarium. The first thing I noticed right away was that they captured a perfect scene of the stars and outer space at night. It’s not just an imagery view but also one that is very informative. The virtual trip allows you to look at outer space from a distance but also allows you to look at specific areas very closely. The stars and areas that I looked at very closely were Pleiades, Caldwell 64, and Arcturus.

I have never heard of these three areas and stars before but thanks to this virtual trip I was able to learn about them. Another thing I really loved was how specific the details about these things were. Some things they included were the magnitude, the visibility, and the distance of light years away they were. A few other key features included were grids to use while looking at outer space and also specification options for constellations. The constellation I got to learn more about was Taurus and I was really surprised to find out that it was one of the oldest constellations. Hercules is another constellation that caught my attention. One thing I noticed for sure is just how much Greek mythology is also tied to these many constellations. The virtual trip overall is very accurate with it using Google Maps to see outer space from different locations from all around the world. I tried the trip in my closest location, San Diego in California, and Seoul in South Korea. I really enjoyed how accurate and realistic the trip was. It was very informational and had all the planets lined up in the order they are usually in. 

I wish I was able to use technology like this in school when I was younger. It definitely would have made me more interested in learning about these things instead of being bored from textbooks when it came to this material. I really do believe that if I was able to learn more in this type of format I would have possibly picked a different career. Technology like this allows many students to have better and fairer chances to get a good view at many different things!

4 responses to “Take A Trip To Neave Planetarium!”

1. Hey! I really liked your article. You did a great job explaining the website and what you explored. The website itself is super cool and educational, I don’t know much about our system and this could definitely be useful in the classroom. I love the images you chose and the layout of the blog. Thanks for sharing!

2. Hi! I thought that your blog post was a great read! I like that you first started it with a question; that grabbed my attention! I wish I could’ve used this when I was younger; I have always been overly obsessed with our solar system. When I was 6, I asked for a telescope for Christmas. Seeing this website, It’s fantastic. It’s all real and so graphic!

3. I have always wanted to go to a planetarium because of how vast and interesting space is. I have unfortunately never had the opportunity to visit one, so I am glad to see that a virtual tour of one exists! I can see kids also being interested in this and wanting to visit the site.

4. This site is amazing! Visiting a planetarium is cool in and of itself, but being able to do it from your own home? That is very intriguing. The Neave website was very intuitive and interactive. It was very fun to explore space from the comfort of my computer!