The Power of Scholastic Tools

https://www.google.com/search?q=duolingo&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS983US983&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&vet=1&fir=fZa4VliCqOU0pM%252CLhaP3XSefuqqvM%252C%252Fm%252F0gxzb2p%253Bg6pC6TocoPdaqM%252CUnc3D-5O0d5b6M%252C_%253Bnjuws8-nKwXLKM%252CUQhbR22C2hG83M%252C_%253Br-vhKdak_UZkIM%252CFyXBeBkI-_o1rM%252C_%253BNxxz_G8zr6-FfM%252CDXGguliF5gwSQM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kS8Mn70kbjQW42QZ6Akjbqqdqvqvw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwio7vnDndH7AhVnFlkFHfteAcEQ_B16BAhuEAE#imgrc=fZa4VliCqOU0pM

Duolingo has helped me personally in life learning the language and nuance of France. It is an excellent tool to observe, learn, and ultimately identify a new language and foster it in a simplistic yet inclusive way. Although one lacks the acts of human interaction with the new language speaker and real life speaking practice, I do feel that it is a great way to hone in on a new skill for ones self.

Duolingo uses courses that are available completely free! To remove adds one would purchase the ‘super’ package. Although, I do not think it is necessary because Duolingo promises language learning aptitude to grow with a simple use of the app for only 15-30 minutes a day!

With the lessons being petit and easily digestible, Duolingo does not feel overbearing and stressful. Duolingo uses fun characters and an owl that gives positive reinforcement, it is perfect for young and old ages alike. They even use the tool of Artificial Intelligence to tailor the lessons perfectly to the user. The do make the user take an easy english test before learning a new language to cover their bases and aid to make you successful. Duolingo is a great tool to use.

The second tool is Microsoft teams reading. You voice your reading using your best pronunciation and the tool grades the user based on how well you are at reading out loud. I think this is an excellent tool for future teachers to use as an aid to enunciating words close to perfection.

Learning french since I was in third grade, my mother used to play french soap operas and dramas on repeat in our living room. Many of these fims were on youtube, and the closed captions were always on for me to pick up on the language with still understanding the plot. The CCs are very helpful!

The Grammarly tool is a great way to help edit, punctuate, clarify, and spell correctly. They check for plagiarism and creates a well-rounded piece for the optimal grade to be achieved! I have never used this app, yet I will soon!

The fourth tool is StayFree! It is an extension that could be added to chrome to stop any distracting things or sites to be impeading your progress whilst working. I have used this before when having to study for the SS Praxis! Glad that is over with..

The fifth tool is Turn Off Lights. This fades the rest of the screen dark and only highlights the focus of the video at hand. I love this tool, and have used it before. I am one to get very distracted and procrastinate easily when having an important task at hand.

The sixth tool is ScreenCastify. I LOVE this tool. I have recently only used it in this class, WebTools. It was so fun and I felt so professional. It is a chrome extension and one can use it whenever they want and it will record you and the screens you have up. You can highlight, write, and overall edit the page to teach a lesson or task at hand. I will be using this a lot!

The seventh and last tool that I will be talking about is Resoomer. I love this chrome extension idea. I wish I knew about this before today, because sometimes I have trouble comprehending with life being crazy all the time. I will be using this soon! It scans the pdf at hand and gives a short summary.

Each tool I mentioned today will be of great use to me in the future. I loved learning about each one!