Bird’s Eye View – Anthony Catanoso ’87

NAME:
Anthony T. Catanoso

MAJOR:
POLI SCI (BS)

JOB TITLE:
President/CEO Steel Pier

FUN FACT/HOBBIES:
Photography and Travel

1. How did your Stockton experience influence your life?

My time at Stockton was a pivotal part of my life. Stockton gave me an opportunity to learn beyond the classroom. The professors, as well as the course work set me on a path that helps me to this day.

1. Describe your favorite Stockton memory as a student. (Ex: favorite professors, classes, events, activities, etc.)

My favorite professors were Bill Daly, Bob Hughey, Jan Colin, and Alan Arcuri. They inspired me, challenged me, and taught me. The single biggest thing they did for me was to help me join the inaugural group of Washington Interns. That internship would change my life forever.

1. Describe your top reason for staying connected and involved with Stockton and your fellow Ospreys.

The fact that I am a local businessman and I see firsthand the difference Stockton continues to make in this region. It makes it easy for me to stay involved and connected. In addition, the Steel Pier has become the venue for one of the largest annual alumni functions. I could not be more proud of what this unique University has become.

1. What piece of advice would you pass onto the graduating class of Ospreys?

Never lose sight of your goals and always rely on what you learned and who you associated with during your years at Stockton.

1. In two sentences, describe why you feel passionate about investing in Stockton University.

I feel indebted to Stockton and its staff for the opportunities it provided me. Stockton has an incredibly positive impact on this entire region.

1. Is there anything else you would like to share with Stockton and your fellow Ospreys?

Several members of my immediate family have attended or are attending Stockton.  My son Thomas is approaching his final semester as a business major and just completed a stellar two and half years as a starting member of the Ospreys basketball team. My daughter Hannah is a transfer student from Syracuse University and will be attending this coming fall. Their cousin James Catanoso is a graduate and their other cousin Dominic Catanoso is a current student.

Posted in Bird's Eye View