Bird’s Eye View – Michael Levine ’01

1. What was your major/field of study during your time at Stockton, and when did you graduate?
    I graduated Stockton University in 2001.
  2. Tell us about the type of work you are doing now and how that aligns with your career aspirations.
    I am Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Chelsea Senior Living overseeing 19 communities in the Tristate area. We have over 2000 seniors living within our communities and 1600 team members. I am also the Chair of the National Executive Sales Roundtable for Argentum (Assisted Living Federation of America). I am Board Chairman for FPYouthoutcry, a 501c3 charity with our center on Prince Street in Newark, NJ for the last 10+ years.
  3. What are some of your favorite Stockton memories—such as a favorite class, professor, spot on campus, or social event?
    Professor Reid-Merritt and the Late Professor Lyons touched me the most. They challenged my mind and helped drive me to be the person I am today. I enjoyed a lot of fun nights in Atlantic City as many college Alumni would say, and developing my career early in management at Seaview!
  4. What advice would you offer to current Stockton students and other recent graduates?
    I always tell students to try and find a positive influence that is older than them to learn from. In my life I have found professional and personal mentors that I aspire to be like. I continually try and revamp myself utilizing a life coach and my mentors.  My goal is to live a servitude lifestyle and be humble. “An ounce of giving is better than a pound of preaching”. Working with seniors you learn that it is not about what title you were in a career, but the family and friends your surround yourself with, and the type of person you portray yourself to be.
  5. On a personal note, what is your favorite thing to do on your days off?
    My charity is an absolute passion of mine. It allows me to utilize the skill set and knowledge I learned at Stockton and in my career to help others. We touched tens of thousands of people last year with our grass roots efforts utilizing all volunteers. Some of our key programs include: advanced after-school children’s program, Rhymes4Reasons, warming station for homeless, gang rehabilitation, recidivism program, youth mentoring, adult job counseling, working with women’s shelters, summer Olympics for the Wards, Families Involved in Structured Transitions, supporting children’s hospitals, working on building a trauma center to handle all the sadness and hurt in the city, and many more.
Posted in Bird's Eye View