Bird’s Eye View – Cheres Chambers ’09

Cheres and her event planner, Jaleena Anthony of Create That Party

1. What was your major/field of study during your time at Stockton, and when did you graduate?

Business with a concentration in marketing, I graduated in December 2009.

2. Tell us about the type of work you are doing now and how that aligns with your career aspirations.

Currently during the day I am an Account Manager for the Northeast, Canada, and Minnesota for a chemical company. I also travel internationally for tradeshows. The work
I am doing now aligns with my aspirations because I will need to market, sell, position a product and work with various people in my newly formed business The Shoe Soul Society. All the above is currently what I do as an Account Manager.

3. What are some of your favorite Stockton memories—such as a favorite class, professor, spot on campus, or social event?

Some of my favorite memories were hanging out at the Osprey Nest. Working with Joe Lizza at the College Center and all of my other peers. Being the President of F.E.M.A.L.E.S and creating programming for students. My favorite professor/advisor was Arthur Worthington; he always gave great advice and was funny. The Osprey Ball had to be my favorite event. A court was the best court and I loved the set up in the new apartments at Housing V and playing pool at night.

4. How has attending Stockton influenced your life?

Attending Stockton influenced my life because by attending I gained leadership skills, learned perseverance, and ownership. These are all traits I value and keep with me today.

5. What advice would you offer to current Stockton students and other recent graduates?

I would say always follow your dream. It may be a long road filled with many who don’t understand or doubters but remember your vision is for you and no one else. So don’t give up or settle. Find your passion and pursue it.

6. On a personal note, what is your favorite thing to do on your days off?

I love to spend time with my husband, family and friends. It could be cooking for them, watching tv or a movie, going to the park, shopping, apple picking, traveling, I love being with them.

7. Do you have anything else you’d like to share?

The Shoe Soul Society (TS3) was founded by me, Cheres Chambers, as a vehicle for fashion forward women on the move. After earning a Business degree from Stockton University in 2009, I accumulated experience in sales, marketing, and realty. Currently I am the Account Manager and the Fund Development Chairperson at the Urban League of Union County Young Professionals. In 2016 I stepped out on faith to turn my love for shoes and my business savvy into a viable business

TS3’s mission is to offer exceptionally stylish shoes to the world and help a few people along the way. We believe every woman deserves to feel classy whether she is leisurely making her way to a weekend brunch or chasing after children seven days a week. Women should be able to maintain the lifestyle of their choice without sacrificing personal style.

Giving back is at our core. We are currently working in conjunction with a prisoner re-entry program called Reconnections. Based in Plainfield, New Jersey, Reconnections helps formerly incarcerated women re-enter society in a productive manner – and thanks to The Shoe Soul Society, with the perfect pair of shoes to help them land the perfect job. Our goal is for the women involved in the program to receive shoes that make them feel good about whom they are and take them to where they want to be.

TS3 strives to provide a unique experience by focusing on quality versus quantity and offering customer service that is second to none.

Photos from the Launch Party:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/zeda73s23iul51j/AADbUM2aNd6rjrQkZ-DOsOxUa

Story about launch:

To shop for shoes:

https://theshoesoulsociety.com/

Posted in Bird's Eye View