Removing Classroom Walls for a Global Experience

This week’s blog assignment is a free choice one, I love having the ability to explore the world of Technology for Education. I have conducted some research and discovered a plethora of applications, tools, websites, apps, and so on I could have chosen as my topic this week. I am super excited about the resource I choose and I know you are going to LOVE it just a much as I do or even more. This particular resource will take lessons to another level by traveling around the globe from the comforts of the classroom or home.

It is my pleasure to introduce my fellow educators to Virtual Field Trips Learn Around the World. The video below is an example of one the field trips taking over the course of a week.

Learn Around the World encompasses some of the same educational values I am being taught in my Web Tools classes to incorporate into my classroom. They believe in the “flatten classroom” collaboration (Breakout Rooms – all classes worldwide meet together for introduction, then placed into smaller groups for discussions), private shows (fits the need of individual classrooms), guest speaker (a new one weekly) to provide classes with first-hand knowledge from an individual about their country.

Image result for Nyepi : Balinese New Year

Image result for Nyepi : Balinese New YearImage result for Nyepi : Balinese New Year

Image result for Nyepi : Balinese New Year Image result for Nyepi : Balinese New Year

The above images are reflective of one of the virtual field trips students around the world went on to learn about Nyepi: Balinese New Year last week.  The virtual field trip takes place over the course of the school week (Monday-Friday. This is a resource I will use with my sister’s daycare first for her toddlers to explore our countries. Try it out…I know I WILL!!! You never know I just might see you on the coast of Africa or the Amazon Rain Forest.