“Solo”

“Solo”

Image result for pictures of solo from netflix

Blog post #6

Solo: For this week’s blog post the movie I chose to watch was “Solo.” This movie takes place in Canary Islands, in which a surfer falls off a cliff. While the surfer is fighting to survive, he is also reflecting on his life and past romance. (Based on true events) Down below is a link to the movie:

https://www.netflix.com/watch/80245041?trackId=13752289&tctx=0%2C3%2Cf915f8ee2f22609c72f2721fab231089b931b154%3Ae80a5fe38229b63d887b794906891c77d051cc12%2C%

Cultural aspects of the characters and setting 

• The setting took place on Canary Islands
  • The Canary Islands is a Spanish archipelago and the southernmost autonomous community of Spain located in the Atlantic Ocean
  • All characters in the movie are from Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
  • The Spanish culture is widely known for Flamenco music and dance, bullfights, fantastic beaches, and lots of sunshine

Image result for canary islands spain

What was similar and different to my culture/Travel/Foods eaten/Weather/Adventures for fun/Characters value

• Similar to my culture: 
    • Basically everything is the same
  • Travel:
    • They get from place to place by driving cars/trucks
  • Foods:
    • Paella
    • Jamon Iberico
    • Gazpacho
    • Pisto
  • Weather:
    • Warm
    • Rain
    • Storms
  • Adventures for fun:
    • The beach

Natural Landforms/Physical surroundings/Social cues/Cultural Influences/Economic situations/Politics

• Natural Landforms:
    • Cliffs
    • Mountains
  • Physical Surroundings:
    • Beach-I noticed that there were big rocks located on the beach, while partially being in the water
    • Land
    • Ocean- seemed to be there were no waves, more so the water was just flat and calm
    • Rocks- Throughout the movie there were many rocks. Some were big, while others were smile or medium sized. Also, they were all different in color
  • Social Cues:
    • The main social cue that I noticed throughout the movie was scared and upset. The characters in the movie showed this by crying

Image result for cliffs in canary island

I hope you enjoyed reading my 6th blog post!