By now you should have paid your Admissions deposit and are ready to enter the next phase of preparation for your first day of classes in September.
As you count down the days, I wanted to make you aware of some important dates and events that will be occurring during the summer. You might want to check off each item after it has occurred.
- Financial Aid Awards – If you have not already done so, accept or decline the Federal Direct Loans that have been offered to you. Be sure you complete the Entrance Interview and Master Promissory Note online if you accept the Federal Direct Loans.
- Verification Documents – provide verification documents as they are requested from you. Only students who have been selected for verification by the federal government will receive a request for documents from the Financial Aid Office.
- Orientation and Registration – begins the end of June. You will be contacted by the University and informed of the date you are to come to campus to register for classes.
- Housing residents – Students will be notified of their housing assignment and roommates on their orientation day.
- Alternative Loans or Payment Plans – apply after you register for classes. You will print out your account summary at registration. This will tell you the amount due the Bursar’s Office for the fall term. Remember you may owe the same amount for the spring term so multiply the amount by two. For alternative loans go to the Financial Aid Office website. For payment plans please visit the Bursar’s website.
- TAG Awards – If you have been awarded TAG (Tuition Aid Grant), be aware that this award value may change after the state budget is final. HESAA (Higher Education Student Assistance Authority) will mail you a SEN (Student Eligibility Notice) in August if your award value changes. HESAA will also notify the Financial Aid Office and we will make the TAG award adjustment.
August 1st (Wednesday)
- Payment Due Date (Bursar’s Office)
August 31st (Friday)
- New housing residents move in.
September 5th (Wednesday)
- Classes Begin!
I hope this timeline provides you with information you can use as you plan your summer.
I look forward to welcoming you to the campus this fall.