Returning for the Fall 2018? The U.S. Department of Education has now made the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available, and the Office of Financial Aid at Stockton is ready!
Students must file a FAFSA to be considered for federal and state financial aid. Not only is the FAFSA necessary for federal and state grants and loans, but also for some Stockton scholarship opportunities, as well.
Available since Oct. 1, you can complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. This earlier application date gives you more time to complete the FAFSA form before the March 1 deadline approaches. You will use earlier (2016) tax information for you and your parents, so there is no need to estimate.
Here are some additional benefits of applying as early as Oct. 1:
- You avoid missing Federal, State, and Institutional deadlines to maximize the amount of aid for which you are eligible.
- Apply early to better plan for any remaining balance due with the Bursar’s Office.
- Retain your Stockton scholarship and/or grant.
- Get it out of the way to focus on other things, like coursework or applying for scholarships.
- Ensure Federal and State verification is completed sooner rather than later.
To streamline the application process, we encourage you and your parents to use the updated IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
We understand the financial aid process can be overwhelming for you and your parents. That is why we ask you to make it a priority to apply as soon as possible, so you have ample time to review and ask questions in order to make informed decisions for payment. Our financial aid advisers will be available to answer questions you may have regarding the financial aid process.