As you prepare to enter Stockton in the fall 2018 semester, I wanted to provide you with some guidance so that you can begin the process of applying for financial aid for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Now is the time to apply for financial aid (Federal Direct loans, grants and work study) using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the web.
In preparation for completing the financial aid application,
- Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.gov as early as October 1, 2017.
- Include Stockton University’s federal school code number: 009345
- Collect all documents needed to apply for financial aid. A full list is available at www.fafsa.gov.
- Use IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to complete your FAFSA!
- Create your user ID and password by clicking on the FSA ID tab at the top of the www.fafsa.gov web page.
- As you complete the FAFSA you will be prompted to enter your FSA ID and password to sign your FAFSA electronically or make corrections to your FAFSA.
- Students; provide driver’s license information.
- Instructions are provided for each FAFSA question in the Help and Hints section and are also available by clicking “Need Help”.
- Help is available any time during the application process at www.StudentAid.ed.gov or 1-800-433-3243.
Within the FAFSA: New Jersey residents, click the link on the 2018-2019 confirmation page. You will see it as an optional feature – “Start your state application. Go to https://njfams.hesaa.org to view the status of your state grant application with Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA).
After you submit the 2018-2019 FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR contains information you supplied on the FAFSA. Check the SAR for accuracy. The SAR includes the EFC (Expected Family Contribution) which is a measure of the family’s financial strength. It is used to determine the student’s eligibility for aid.
We hope these tips assist you with the financial aid application process.