Case Study Blog!

Welcome Back!

Image result for Case studies

The case studies throughout our final chapter have been great stories! They shared ways professionals and educators have kept global learning into their classrooms and how much they all benefited from it! I loved reading about their experiences and seeing how far they have come. Let me know what you thought about this chapter in the comments below! 

LETS EXPLORE! 

1. The one case study that I enjoyed was Case Study 4.5 which was called: Our Global Friendships 

– This study was an enjoyable read because it was a way for all educators to learn from each other in the community! I love the idea of learning new things together and using two minds to conquer material. This study was helpful for educators to read because in the future teachers can be more open to learning and working together!

2.  Another case study that I enjoyed reading about was: Case Study 4.3 – THINK Global School: Learning to Be Global While Living Globally 

– This case study promotes schools all around the world to learning to the fullest extent! “The school of about 12 teachers and 60 students from grades9-12 literally move each semester, relocating in a new environment and redeveloping curriculum objectives and learning outcomes based largely on that location”. In my opinion, this was such a moving scenario because you can truly understand the determination and motivation both the students and teachers have while doing this!

3. Case Study 4.10 – Larisa Schelkin: Global STEM Education Center- This case study grabbed my attention due to the label “STEM” after grade school they added something called STEM into our curriculum and I never knew what it was! It was interesting to see this study explain it. The study stated, “STEM disciplines by all students to meet the needs of an innovation-driven globally competitive workforce and to enable the next generation to be effective in and with other countries/cultures in solving the problems urgently” (236).

Image result for our global friendships

This blog will be my last blog! I hope you learned a lot from all of my posts in the past, and the stories that I have shared! Don’t forget you can always follow my Twitter @NavasFrancesca for updates.

SEE YOU SOON!