What I’ve learned…

Image result for welcome back

• We are half way through the semester and have already learned so much during short 8 weeks! Therefore, in today’s blog, I will be breaking down the things that I have learned and enjoyed most thus far in Web Tools: Global Learning course! There are many sites, and Apps that I have enjoyed using in this course already. I have truly learned and got a great idea of what Global Learning is all about. So, keep reading to get the insight of it all and read about all about the fun and interesting things that come along with it!

1. BLOGGING: I am someone who uses social media very heavily and before this class I “thought” I knew what blogging was. It turns out Blogging is so much more than just receiving a comment or like on a post. Blogging is where you can come to express your feelings, or talk about topics that interest you most! Not only can you type them up for yourself, but most importantly you can share with the world! WordPress is were we upload our blogs, and we can even share them to Twitter! I never knew what WordPress was but now I love it and love how quick it is to access with our Stockton log in information!

2. TWITTER: This course has let me explore Twitter in ways I have never done before! I use my personal Twitter on a regular basis but I really like having a professional page and interacting with my classmates on this social media site. I have learned to use more hashtags, create moments, and participate in twitter chats. Twitter is a great way to expand your knowledge in your future career path!

3.  FLIP GRID: I have recently learned how to navigate this site called “FlipGrid”. At first, I was not thrilled to know that we would be recording ourselves but I think it is actually a great idea to get to know your peers. I like how quickly I was able to learn how to navigate it using the FlipGrid app via smart phone! I record myself and soon I am exploring with all the interesting things my classmates are talking about!

4. GOOGLE CLASSROOM: This was my first semester exploring with google classroom. One of my other courses also uses google classroom and I really like how it is set up. I think google classroom is a great tool to use as a teacher, and I hope to one day utilize it with my students. Google classroom allows you to complete assignments and is even organized with separating your assignments and classwork. After each assignment you can indicate that you’re done and wait for new assignments to show! It is also very convenient because, it can be linked to your email and than you will never miss a notification.

– Below is a quick little trailer on Google Classroom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DCOe9v9CuM

5. GLOBAL LEARNING: Last but not least, GLOBAL LEARNING! Global Learning is how all of the things above exist! Global learning is how we stay connected around the world while using the technology and resources we need in order to be successful. I learned how many teachers use global learning, and others do not. However, I believe one day I will try and add global learning into my classroom!

• I hope you enjoyed reading about all the fun tools we use, and the things we learn about in Web Tools! If you have ever used this tools before, leave a comment and let me know which tool is your favorite! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Twitter at @NavasFrancesca for more updates! C YA on the next blog!