Literature Internship guidelines: click link to download.
Internships for Literature Majors
Why should I do an internship?
- Gain valuable work experience.
- Become a competitive job applicant.
- Transition to a paid, permanent position.
- Try out a possible field for fit and compatibility.
- Network with professionals in your field.
- Build confidence and professional skills.
A Sample of Local and Regional Internships for Literature Majors
List of internships related to American Studies:
Publishing and Journalism
- The Press of Atlantic City (NJ)
- AC Weekly (NJ)
- TV Atlantic Magazine (NJ)
- NJ Lifestyle Magazine (NJ)
- Asbury Park Press (NJ)
- Ocean City Patch (NJ)
- Running Press (PA)
- Perseus Books (PA)
- Philadelphia Magazine (PA)
- two.one.five Magazine (PA)
- Philadelphia City Paper (PA)
- Philadelphia Weekly (PA)
Radio and Television
- Greater Media (PA)
- Millennium Radio Group (NJ)
- Warner Music Group (NY)
- WHYY (PA)
- CBS Philadelphia (PA)
- Clear Channel Broadcasting (PA and NJ)
Marketing and Public Relations
- Edison Research (NJ)
- AtlantiCare (NJ)
- Virtua (NJ)
- Shore Memorial Hospital (NJ)
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Comcast SportsNet
- City Year (National)
- American Cancer Society (PA)
- American Red Cross (PA and NJ)
- National Adoption Center (PA)
- Philadelphia Youth Network (PA)
- Intercultural Family Services (PA)
- NJ State Police (NJ)
Museums and Cultural Centers
- The Noyes Museum of Art (NJ)
- Museum of Jewish Heritage (NY)
- Wheaton Arts (NJ)
Stockton University Internships
Search here: https://www.myinterfase.com/stockton/student/home.aspx. Follow them on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Pomona-NJ/Stockton-College-Internship-Center/116069551744789?ref=ts
- Noyes Museum of Art at Stockton University: “Acquire first-hand, practical experience in the museum field at The Noyes Museum of Art. Interns work closely with our professional staff to gain knowledge about various aspects of museum work such as: administration, development, education, public relations, curatorial and planning special events and community programs.” More information at: http://www.noyesmuseum.org/get-involved.html
- Writing Center Tutor: Learn how to become a tutor: http://intraweb.stockton.edu/eyos/page.cfm?siteID=70&pageID=4
- Washington Internship Program: “The Washington Internship program is an intensive para-professional and academic experience in which Stockton students live, work, and study in the Washington, DC metropolitan region.” More information at: http://intraweb.stockton.edu/eyos/page.cfm?siteID=163&pageID=15
NEH Internship Program
“The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) is accepting applications on an open continuous basis for volunteer student and other internships. While we are unable to provide paid internships at this time, we are able to provide valuable experience working in program and administrative offices of the Endowment.” More information at: http://www.neh.gov/whoweare/NEH_Internships.html
“Searching for an internship is free on USAIntern.com and any of our 50-state sister sites.” More information at: http://www.jerseyintern.com/