Osprey Ball 2016

On Saturday, October 8th, I attended the 21st annual Osprey Ball which was held during Stockton’s annual University Weekend. This fun-filled homecoming weekend was packed with activities for families, students and alumni to participate in such as the Osprey Ball and the Street Fair. Students and their guests were invited to wear semi-formal attire to the Osprey Ball which took place in the Campus Center Event Room. Before the ball began, everyone was busy getting ready for the festivities by looking for an outfit to wear, putting on makeup and finding the perfect hairstyle. However, that night it was pouring rain, so guests had to quickly make their way to the Campus Center to avoid ruining their attire.

When students and their guests arrived at the Osprey Ball they were greeted and checked in to the event by staff members. When everyone first walked into the Event Room there was a DJ and a lot of people dancing with their friends on the dance floor to remixes of well-known pop songs among other types of music. There was also a photo booth which was probably one of my favorite parts of the Osprey Ball. The photo booth had a lot of weird hats and masks that you could wear while taking funny pictures with your friends. Most importantly, there was a ton of food at the ball including chicken tenders, pigs in a blanket and of course a giant cake and other desserts. I definitely can say that I did not leave the ball hungry.

Overall, I had a fantastic time at the Osprey Ball this year and I made another great college memory. Although I did not enjoy running through the pouring rain to get to the ball, I did love dancing with my friends and my sister and taking pictures in the photo booth with them. I also had fun eating endless amounts of cake and getting all dressed up for the Osprey Ball. I look forward to attending this University Weekend event next year.