Professional Etiquette Dinner

March 2nd marked the Career Center’s annual Professional Etiquette Dinner.  For just five dollars, students were treated to a multi-course meal and instructed along the way on proper dining etiquette in business settings.

I learned a lot at the etiquette dinner, and realized I’d been doing a lot of stuff wrong!  I didn’t lay my napkin on my lap correctly; I should scoop soup away from me, not towards me; and I should put my knife down and eat with my dominant hand, instead of having knife and fork constantly at the ready.  Besides being taught all these things, the other students and I were also given the chance to ask our instructor questions.  I didn’t ask any, but the students who did were given really good answers.

Besides being taught etiquette, the other incredible thing about the dinner was the food.  I was amazed by how incredible it was!  There was a white bean escarole appetizer, followed by salad, soup, bread, a lemon sorbet, the entrée (fish, chicken, or a vegetarian option), and desert.  Everything was cooked to perfection, and I was stuffed by the end of the night!  If only I could have food like that every day…

The Professional Etiquette Dinner was a great experience.  I’ll definitely be attending next year to see how much I retained!