Admissions Ambassadors

Thursday, September 17, marked the last info session for the Admissions Ambassadors on campus. They are one of the groups that really caught my attention at the Get Involved Fair. Maybe it was because one of the ambassadors started yelling at my friends and me to join their group and to stop walking past them and not stopping to sign up. Maybe that was why it caught my attention. All I know is that I found myself and my friend at the info session Thursday night, not knowing what we would be getting ourselves into.

We arrived ten minutes early, so the ambassadors inside of L115 had us sit outside so that they could prepare for us to come inside. A little past 8 P.M., they let us inside, where they passed out applications and an ambassador bingo sheet. As an ice breaker and to get to know the ambassadors, the head of recruitment, James, had the ambassadors spread out through the room and we, the potential future ambassadors, had to go around asking the ambassadors questions on the bingo sheet. We had to write their name on the sheet if we had that particular thing in common with the ambassador. For example, one of the boxes on the sheets told us to find an ambassador from the same part of New Jersey as ourselves. I did find an ambassador from the same part of New Jersey as myself. He also happened to be from the same city, and we happened to have a friend in common as well. Such a small world. I managed to fill in a majority of the boxes on the sheet.

The ambassadors actually appeared to be very enthusiastic people. There weren’t that many of them in the room, but they still managed to bring so much energy into the room, that when the people sitting in the audience had to try and make more noise, they still managed to beat us. There was a lot of information given about the group and I’m really looking forward to possibly becoming an ambassador in the future. If not this year, then hopefully next year.