Billiards Club Tournament

On Friday, March 27, my friends and I attended the weekly Billiards Club meeting, which we are frequent members of. While I am no billiards expert, I definitely have improved my game since coming to Stockton. My other friends in the club have a bit more experience than I do, and are actually pretty good. This week, all of the members were put into brackets in a singles tournament, where we played a race to three, and the winner of each would move on to the next round. I happened to be randomly chosen to play first, against one of my best friends, Ryan, who is probably the best pool player of my friends. While I put up the best fight I could, Ryan ended up winning, thus knocking me out of the tournament. Over all, he ended up winning the entire tournament of that week, defeating even the president of the club, who is also very talented.
Billiards club, while small, has been a fun and rewarding club I am a part of at Stockton. I have made new friends from joining, who have been a part of the club since they were freshmen as well. I also have gotten a lot better at billiards, since the last I had played since coming to Stockton was probably about five years ago! My friends and I look forward to Fridays because of pool club, but we do not let that stop us from playing during the rest of the week. At least once a day, everyday, whether it is during a lunch break or when we need a break from studying, my friends and I will head over to the Campus Center and play pool, sometimes for one game, or other times for ten games, depending on what we play. Billiards has proved to be a relaxing way to get our minds off studying or class when we can afford to, and I am extremely glad that it is offered in the Campus Center Game Room.