PRSSA Panel

On February 5th I went to the PRSSA panel. I was a member of PRSSA last semester, so I was looking forward to starting to attend the meetings again. The panel was being held at one of their meetings. This meeting was very interesting because they had the panel of students who graduated from Stockton and were members of PRSSA. The panel featured Siera Smith, Heather Costabile, Stacy Hanas and Kate Drake. The four of them sat at a table in the front of a large classroom. It was set up kind of like a press conference. They answered questions about their jobs, internships, interview tips, social media, and their favorite classes and memories at Stockton.

I thought the panel was very informative. The answers that the women gave were interesting and insightful. There advice about what to do during an interview was especially helpful; they gave really good tips. They did talk about PRSSA a lot, which I thought was the only negative about the panel for someone who is already a member and does not need to be convinced to join. They could have used more of that time to talk about jobs and internships. Although they put a lot of emphasis on trying to convince people to join PRSSA, overall the panel was helpful and it was a good experience. This was just a one-time event, but repeating this event would be a good idea because it went very well.