The Osprey’s Ball

Let me begin by saying, I personally love all types of social gatherings. That does include dances. The Osprey’s ball overall was very nice. I feel like more people could have gone out of their way to match the 70’s theme, but its alright that they didn’t.
I’m going to try and recreate the night for those of you who did not go, or for those of you who did not know what to expect and want to know for next year. It took place in the Campus Center Event Room, so having it be a nice location was a given. The tickets were very cheap, even for someone spontaneous like me who had to buy it at the door for double the regular price. But if you are a planner, they were only 5 dollars! I think for those of us straight out of high school, and having the memory of prom in our minds: Five dollars is nothing. They were taking free photos and printing them out for us. You could pick from multiple frame designs and pose with your friends or your date. There was only one person taking pictures so the line for it did move slow, but since it was something fun to do, most of us didn’t mind.
The food was good. I personally enjoyed the chicken. I heard a hot dog spontaneously caught on fire. I kind of wish I could have witnessed that in person, but we cant get everything we want. The DJ wasn’t my favorite because he switched up the songs too fast, but that was a minor detail. The important thing was that you were surrounded by your friends and just having fun.
As for my favorite parts: The decorations were adorable and we could all take a little key chain home. The Cake, well the tiramisu was absolutely amazing. My one regret is not going back and getting more of it, because it was just divine. Overall, I think this is a great experience and a fun opportunity to get dressed up and have some fun with your friends.