Blog Post Six – Stockton’s 11th Annual SIBS Event

On Saturday March 31st, 2012, the 11th Annual SIBS event at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey took place. The event was from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Sports Center and was really great. As a freshman, this is the first SIBS event I attended and it was so much fun I can not wait for the event next year. My parents and family were not able to come down to the event, so I invited my boyfriend to spend the day with me attending the different activities the school was offering that day, such as the Environmental Forum earlier that morning and the movie night later on in the evening.

Although the event was more aimed towards younger children, for example the featured blow-up attractions, my boyfriend and I were still able to enjoy the event. The first thing we did was take our picture in the booth set up in the middle of the gym. After that, we grabbed a plate of food and watched the K-9 unit and police officer presentations. My boyfriend is a police officer so the presentations were really entertaining to the both of us. Even though we were not able to stay for the rest of the event, we acknowledged some of the groups that made the day possible included the Hero Campaign, Neighborhood Watch, SAFER, Atlantic County SWAT, Atlantic City Bomb Squad, NJ State Police CSI, South Jersey Fire Departments, and south Jersey EMS Units.